Cooking for Convenience - with Kids

Friday, January 28, 2005

Mixes in NO extra time!

This week the kids and I experimented with making up extra mixes at the same time we were preparing food. We started on Tuesday with Waffles. While we were mixing up the waffles for our breakfast, we grapped two baggies and measured the dry ingredients into the baggies. So now, not only do I have left over waffles in my freezer, I also have two baggies of pre-mixed dry waffle mix in the refrigerator. All I have to do is add the wet ingredients (which I wrote on the outside of the bag) and cook them up.

Today, Josh and I did the same thing with our favorite play dough recipe. Except, I only have one bag left. After making orange play dough, Josh decided we needed purple. So we used one of the bags right then.

Both times - it add absolutely no extra time to the entire cooking process. I even wrote the wet ingredients on the outside of the bags while the meals were cooking.

Later I'll post our experiences, complete with pictures and recipes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home