Cooking for Convenience - with Kids

Saturday, February 19, 2005

How's it going?

For the last two weeks we've been inundated with activities and two or more members of our household sick. So- I've been very thankful for the extra mixes we had made up. This week alone, I quickly prepared pancakes, waffles, and drop biscuits all from mixes we had pre-made earlier.

I'm not spending any extra time in preparation. When I'm making the dish from scratch, I'm also measuring out the dry ingredients into two additional freezer bags for future use. Then I write the wet indgredients on the freezer bag and store them in the refrigerator. So far it's been a huge time saver (and budget saver 'cuz we aren't eating out as much)

3 Comments:

  • Great Blog! I also have a site about larrys cheesesteaks
    . You can check it out at larrys cheesesteaks



    Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

    FREE DVD Camcorder

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 25, 2005 at 8:34 PM  

  • Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on home cooking, and the next I'm reading How's it going?. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, Shannon, but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on home cooking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 28, 2005 at 12:25 PM  

  • Well, I've enjoyed my visit to How's it going?, but I'm not sure it's what I was looking for. I was actually searching for articles on bread - these search engines are weird! Just thought I'd say hello while I'm here :0)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 30, 2005 at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home